I honestly should not even give a hint how to block advertisements on the Internet, it is exactly this that earned some $ crumb here in my humble blog, but I recognize that there is very site using banners, pop-ups and videos very irresponsible. When advertising is placed on the site in their own areas, it even works as an information panel, streamlining the site and consumer trends pointing to the user, but often the owners of the sites promote more propaganda than the content itself.
The idea of this post is that you can surf the Internet without being disturbed with offerings, à princípio, you already know you will not want. To run away from banners, if you are browsing with Google Chrome or the Mozilla Firefox, just follow the step-by-step below. If you are browsing with Internet Explorer, well, there will have to live with the same advertising… But seriously you still use IE? :)
The tip is simple and I had commented on the postBlock Banner on the Internet. Just install the extension Adblock Plus in your browser. Let the step-by-step:
Installing Adblock Plus:
- Visit the website http://adblockplus.org;
- The site will automatically recognize which browser you are using (Chrome ou Firefox);
- Click the large green “Install Adblock Plus”;
- A window will appear asking if you really want to install the extension. Click “Add” in Chrome or “Allow” in the case of Firefox.
- Soon. Now the extension is installed.
Configuring Adblock Plus
- After installation, the following window is displayed:
- I suggest enable the option “Blocking Malware“, to enhance protection of your browser and prevent dangerous sites known to install malicious software on your machine.
On options “Remove Buttons Social Networking” and “Disables Tracking”, I leave to your discretion to enable them or not. Particularly like having the buttons of social networks on sites I visit, because I facilitates the sharing of information. As for data tracking, if you want “browse virtually anonymous” Internet, sites without discover what you've been looking for, then you can enable this option.
Completely blocking the advertisements
Since version 2.0 Adblock Plus, a new feature was introduced in the tool allows the display of some advertisements classified as non-invasive. As our goal is to get rid of all these advertisements, we also learn to block such advertisements including these non-invasive. Follow the step-by-step:
- Visit options Adblock Plus. You can do this in several ways:
– If you're still on the screen that enables “Blocking Malware”, “Remove Buttons Social Networking” and “Disables Tracking”, click the link “You can always deactivate that”; or
– Click with the right mouse button on the red icon ADP, upstairs in your browser. Then click on “Options”; or;
– Go to the area of your browser and extensions, the extension Adblock Plus, select the link to “Options”.
- As you enter the options screen Adblock Plus, the following screen displays:
- Uncheck the check box option “Allow some advertisements noninvasive“;
- Say: close the browser and reopen;
- Soon, now you should be able to surf the Internet without being distracted by advertisements.
See how are the pages of Yahoo and UOL before and after Adblock Plus installed in your browser:
The example of Yahoo's site is glaring. In addition to the “Full Banner” of topo, all the advertising that appears in the bottom of the site simply disappears! It is even better to see the contents!
Hope you enjoyed the tip. This extension I install on every computer I use. BrunoCunha.com recommended!